5.15.2008

I'm a loser.




So, I knew it was bound to happen.  I knew that I was going to slack off sooner or later (more sooner than later!).  But alas, I'm here!  I know, I'm a loser, but hey... you're the one reading my blog!  Ha!  Revenge!  Oh.... 

Anyway... I am SOOOO dead.  I mean, not literally or even figuratively... yet.  My SockWars assassin sent my death socks on Monday, so they should probably be here tomorrow.  I kind of stopped working on mine -- not gonna lie.  I mean, what's the point, right?  Besides... it's pretty sneaky to hand over such a lacking project, especially when I'm using the recycled yarn that I am!  It's not exactly easy to knit with, let me tell you!  Lovely yarn, but it just didn't work well with the pattern, either.  Oh well, at least I'll have my socks, even if they are pink and purple.  All's fair in love and war, right?

Speaking of socks, I'm currently wearing another pair of hand-knit socks!  I finished them today on our way back from Richmond.  That was quite a trip!  We left on Monday afternoon with the intention of getting to the hotel early and drinking a lot.  You know, when you really put your mind to something...

Three bottles of tequilla later --




Yeah.  It was just about that wild.  I don't remember going to sleep, but I sure as hell remember waking up!  It was AWFUL!!!!  I thought I was dying!

we did go to Carytown in Richmond, though!  That's where the Yarn Lounge is, a little fantastic yarn shop!  I got as a souvenir a skein of Malabrigo lace-weight yarn... sooooo sexy!  It is amazingly soft!  I think I'll make some socks from it, as soon as I can come up with a pattern!


So, tonight was the last night that Susan will be working at the Siren's Lounge, my favorite little Durham hangout.  It's a very open place, with some interesting, swanky people.  Susan is my favorite bartender, being that her witty sarcasm is completely unique to someone who hails from Jersey!  So cute, so funny.  Oh, and Aussie Jane was there!  I just love her -- found out that she's working at the UN!!!  I knew she had moved to NYC and lived in Chelsea, but that's so intense!  I can't wait to visit!

Let's see... finished socks, fought with tub drain, hung-out with friends at lounge... it's been quite a day!

No comments: