7.24.2008

My Day Off



This one goes out to all my Catholic friends -- Rachel -- so, have fun!

Actually, the Music Director job that I got is a show based on the music of Tom Lehrer.  It should be hilarious!  It's called "Tomfollery", and will be at the Kennedy Theater located in the Progress Energy Center in downtown Raleigh during the month of October.  I haven't seen the score yet, but I'm sure it's going to be easy enough.

Having mentioned that, I'm kind of behind on a few other projects -- I need to FINISH that kid's cabled sweater I was commissioned to knit.  Of course it wasn't a big deal a month ago, and it's still not late, but it definitely needs to be done SOON!  I just haven't felt like knitting in so long.  It's really tragic, I know.  Hey, it's Thursday!  Maybe I'll finally get up to my knitting group tonight... Hmm.... we'll see!

I also need to finish my socks I've been working on.  Damn, the more I think about it, the more unfinished knit projects I have!  That's ridiculous.  I have a scarf in MALABRIGO that I started for me, was going to give to someone special, then that someone special dumped me, so now it's for me again.  But hell, it's malabrigo!  I'm just glad that I didn't gift it yet!  That would have made me SOOOOOO mad!  Mmm.... my own malabrigo scarf!  Now I can't wait!  AND, it's a brand new design!  Simple, contemporary, and all mine!  It's knit on the bias, but there's a stripe going up the middle.  So, think of a charcoal grey scarf with a chartreuse/lemon grass green stripe running up the middle -- but the stitches go diagonally!  Pretty cool, I must say.  I'll post the pattern if anyone is interested.  (btw, how does one sell patterns?  I would like to get into knit design, and maybe make a little $ on the side.  I know it's not much, but that would be cool!)

Oh yeah, and I also need to email a bunch of teachers at UC Boulder to see about this Ph. D. program... I really need their input in selecting courses and applying!  I simply must get into that program!  The deadline is December, but I plan on having my stuff in sometime in August.  Ugh.... transcripts, resume, letters of recommendation.... it's so much!  But it'll all be worth it if I can get in and get a teaching/research assistant job!  

Until then, though, it's just work work work work work.  If anyone has any excess money lying around, that would be GREAT!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

hahaha I love the song!! Ps if you really want a special some one to give that scarf to you can always give it to your special best friend! *bats eyes* LOVE YA!!! OH ps guess what my parents bought...a 46inch plasma screen tv, and then i came home today and my dad had bought a 80 gig PS3. Oh it's beautiful!! blue ray movies, new gaming system what more could a girl want!?

Jennifer said...

Good to see you last night! Malabrigo is too nice to give away, ever.

WonderMike said...

Tom Lehrer is a GENIUS!!! Thanks for reminding me about him.

Just saying hello to a fellow guy knitter. I was born in Montgomery, AL and grew up in Arkansas and Louisiana. I'm on Ravelry as WonderMike.

Take care!