11.01.2009

Hamsters!

I'm getting a hamster! SOOOOOo cute!

It won't be for another two weeks or so, but I am very excited nonetheless. I believe I have come up with a suitable name, but I need to actually meet the little hammy to make sure it is appropriate.

Other than that spot of news, here's the run-down:

The sweater is turning out fine, from what I can tell. I have finished the back and front, and will be starting on the sleeves soon. I have created much anticipation on Ravelry, and if it turns out well, may start designing more patterns. That would be lovely. Oh, and I need to actually post the other patterns I've designed! Most of them are "here's another scarf/hat/gloves/thingy" patterns that there are so many of already, but it would be good experience. Not to mention, it would build up my portfolio. You know, of all those super-big-important knitwear designs that the publishers are banging down my door to get.

::sigh::

I'm playing a benefit concert tonight with my jazz trio. It should be fun, but I am just a tad nervous. I get a bit nervous anytime I'm playing with a new ensemble, and I suppose this isn't really any exception. This would be our first official gig, and I just want it to go over well.

Honestly, I think it's more of a feeling of dread to have to carry my heavy-ass keyboard and amp down three flights of stairs.

UGH.

Speaking of gigs and all, I need to get ready for that. I still haven't showered today, so you're probably quite glad that this is the internet.

No comments: