9.01.2010

My Life Off the Grid: Day Two

So far, so good.  I awoke this morning at a decent hour, no planes had crashed, no buildings had burned down, no gnashing of teeth.

Wow, it's like I deactivated the disagree button!  Only, I would never do that... it's so much fun to click.

I think I may try my hand at handdyeing roving today.  It's a long, drawn out process, but the results could be worth it.  I think so.  I placed a LARGE order with the Sheep Shed Studio in Wyoming, and it should be shipping out today.  Lots of fiber!  Oh boy!

They have this colorway of superwash wool (possible some mohair) that is called "Tealtone" -- Holy Carp, it is the most stunning dark, saturated blue-green!  It also has a sheen because of the superwash stuff!  I may actually make a sweater out of it some day... after I finish the sweater I'm already working on that has been in hibernation for months.  But look -- it's still in the 90's here.  That sweater can wait!

The color is similar to this:


Soooooo nice.  Now, if I can actually dye some of the blank roving that I have, that will be something special!  

No comments: