So... I once decided to make my family and co-workers homemade Christmas gifts one year. Needless to say, I'm still not finished. However, I did get a lot of mileage out of a quick little pattern that I whipped up. It's nothing fancy, but it makes for a very quick knit. Worked flat, you could make these when you get home and have them ready to give to the recipient at the dinner party that night.
Herringbone Ribbed Mitts
US 11 needles
Bulky/Super Bulky yarn (I used two different colors of standard "big box" worsted weight acrylic, so feel free to go stash diving. It doesn't take much yarn at all!)
(these mitts are worked flat)
CO 24 sts
Work in (k1, p1) rib for 12 rows
Herringbone Pattern (cont.)
*Right Twist* (RT)
k2tog leaving both stitches on left-hand needle, knit first stitch again, slide both stitches off left-hand needle
1: [right side] (k1, p1) 4 times, k1, RT 3 times, (p1,k1) 4 times, p1
2: [wrong side] (k1, p1) 4 times, k1, p6, (p1, k1) 4 times, p1
3: [rs] (k1, p1) 4 times, k2, RT twice, k1, (p1, k1) 4 times, p1
4: [ws] (k1, p1) 4 times, k1, p6, (p1, k1) 4 times, p1 {same as row 2}
Repeat these four rows 2 more times for a total of 12 pattern rows
Work 6 rows (k1, p1) ribbing
BO all stitches in rib and seam the sides together, leaving and reinforcing an opening for the thumb.
Make another one. Or a whole box full, depending on how nice you are.
Thank you for checking out my patterns! Please let me know if anything doesn't make sense. This little pattern saved my BUTT, making all those little gloves for nieces and co-workers of questionable garment responsibility.
No comments:
Post a Comment