This is a simple little pattern that I actually thought to write down as I made it up during the pre-Christmas mayhem.
My friend requested some gloves for his Mom, who is an avid gardener. He wanted something that would be leave the fingers free to move about, but would also go far past the wrist because her wrists get cold. After playing around with a combination of yarns to get an "earthy, but with green" color, I struck success with a combination of light fingering green cotton yarn strung along with a variegated brown worsted yarn. What I ended up making was a quick knit that would be great for gardeners, bikers, or gladiators. Just be careful -- you will feel very empowered while wearing your Ribbed Gusseted Gauntlets of Love.
Ribbed Gusseted Gauntlets of Love
US 7 DPNs
Worsted/Heavy Worsted weight yarn (I used less than a ball)
CO 32 sts, join to work in the round
Work in (k2, p2) rib for 9 rounds
Switch to (k1, p1) rib, working until piece measures 7" from CO edge
begin gusset
Set-up row: k16, PM (place marker), m1, k1, m1, PM, knit to end of round
Round 1: work even (k1, p1)
Round 2: work even (k1, p1)
Round 3: knit to first marker, slip marker, m1, knit to next marker, m1, slip marker, knit to end of round
Repeat Rounds 1-3 until 13 sts lie between the two place markers
Work one more row even (k1, p1)
binding off thumb
Work to first marker and remove, BO 12 sts in rib, remove marker, knit to end of round
Work one more row even (k1, p1)
Work in (k2, p2) rib for 5 rows
BO in (k2, p2) rib
Make another one
Wear: garden, ride, pillage
I hope this pattern is clear and doesn't contain any errors. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me with any concerns!




2 comments:
very nice, I posted this in my Ravelry favorites for future project.
My son wants to have partial fingers. What do I need to do to accomplish this in terms of stitch count? Can you refer me to a source/tutorial?
Juanita
Post a Comment