I am such a sucker for scarves. Ever since I learned how to knit, I have been making scarves. I only have one neck, so I'm not sure why I need 72 scarves... but what the heck.
This one was actually designed for a friend who wanted something cabled. Being the lazy person I am, I didn't want to actually have to fiddle with real cables for the length of an entire scarf, so I found something that looks suspiciously like a cable... but wasn't. I'm also not on for one-sided scarves, so I had to make a way that this thing was reversible. Add in an i-cord border for ultimate reversibility and voila! I give you the Reversible Lazy Cable Scarf.
Reversible Lazy Cable Scarf
US 11
Bulky yarn (like most of my designs, I used two strands of worsted weight yarn)
*Right Twist* (RT)
k2tog leaving both stitches on left-hand needle, knit first stitch again, slide both stitches off left-hand needle
CO 22
Knit to the last 3 sts, and with yarn in front slip the remaining 3 sts purlwise
1) k3 sts, [RT, p2] to last 3 sts, slip remaining 3 sts purlwise
2) k3, [k2, p2] to last 3 sts, slip remaining 3 sts purlwise
3) k3, [k2, p2] to last 3 sts, slip remaining 3 sts purlwise
Repeat these three rows until desired length is reached.
BO all stitches.
Because the lazy cable happens on alternating "right" and "wrong" sides, you don't even have to try to keep track of which is which. A three row repeat... not too bad!
I hope that this pattern is easy to understand! If you find an error, please let me know and I will make the correction!



2 comments:
my scarf does not look like yours. i get a strand of yarn that covers the stitches when i slip 3 at the end of each row and try to start knitting the next row. i do not see that on your scarf so i must be doing something wrong but i'm not sure what!
Love this pattern. Will knit more scarves using it. Thanks.
Post a Comment